One thing that we can all agree on is that breakups suck! They’re uncomfortable, messy and often very emotional. Getting over that once-so-special person can be difficult. As Taylor Swift explains it in her hit single “Red”, “it’s like trying to remember someone you never met.” Even though it’s difficult, we try to convince ourselves that we have moved on and that we’re single-and-ready-to-mingle … but then we hear that song on the radio or even the remnants of their name and we’re right back to square one! Although uncomfortable, this situation is natural and there’s some signs you can look out for to determine if you’re ready to hit the dating scene again! Here’s 13 signs that you’re NOT over your ex following a break up:
- You hear a song that reminds you of them and there’s a sudden waterfall of emotions!
- You’ve become “the crying friend” - when the liquor hits, the tears pour!
- Whether a motivational quote or petty shot, you’re posting subliminal posts about them on social media!
- Your friends are sick of hearing about them.
- You’re making up silly excuses to contact them
- Your bring them up while meeting new people
- One night stand backfires
- When the liquor hits and the tears start pouring, so do the drunk text messages.
- You’re looking for them at places you both used to go to like the gym or supermarket.
- You’re still stalking their profile even though you unfollowed or blocked them on social media.
- Still have all of their gifts and don’t plan on throwing them out
- You can’t watch any of the shows on Netflix that you watched together.
- You keep saying that “you're over it,” but actions speak louder than words!
There you have it: thirteen signs that you’re very much NOT over your ex! If you read through all thirteen and you can’t relate, it’s time to get back out there. There’s plenty of fish in the sea and a catch for you! However, if any of these signs are part of your daily routine, you’re probably not over your ex and should focus on loving the badass you are before meeting new people. As always, you can follow us on Instagram @thejubalshow and let us know how you knew that you were over your ex! Check out The Jubal Show’s Dirty Little Secret below!