I think we can all agree on the below:
Chocolate chip cookies = delicious
S'mores = also delicious
Chocolate chip cookie s'mores bars.....OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Seriously, if you're looking for a new dessert to spice up those classics, look no further!
I can't take credit for this recipe - original found here.
- 2/3 cup of butter (Softened)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of marshmallows (divided)
- 3 large Hershey bars (broken into individual pieces)
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers (broken into squares + 3 extra grahams broken up for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda & salt - set aside.
- Using a mixer, mix butter, brown sugar & white sugar until incorporated.
- Add vanilla & 1 egg - mix.
- Add 2 egg - mix until batter is smooth.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture - a little bit at a time - until it becomes dough.
- Fold in both chocolate chips & 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Line 13x18 cookie sheet w/ parchment paper & coat with cooking spray.
- Lay out graham crackers to cover entire sheet.
- place small scoops of the cookie dough sporadically around, then flatten & spread out to cover graham crackers (it's ok if it isn't perfect - the dough will spread as it bakes).
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Once out of oven, press in Hershey pieces, graham cracker bits, and additional marshmallows sporadically on top.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Cool bars, cut & enjoy!
Below are a few pics to showcase my process!
Lay graham crackers in an even layer - covering the entire cookie sheet.
Follow the directions to make the cookie dough...and eat some along the way ;)
Place scoops of dough sporadically over the graham crackers.
Using the back of a spoon or spatula, spread the dough out to cover the graham crackers. It's ok if you have gaps.
Bake for 5 minutes, then press in the Hershey bar pieces, graham cracker bites and marshmallows over the top. Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
Voila! Eat & enjoy!