MTV’s Video Music Awards is a wonderful night celebrating some of the most influential, talented and hard working artists in the music industry today. In celebration of the visuals to these artist’s songs, celebrities come in different shapes and forms to ultimately celebrate the one thing they live for – music. While the award show started in 1984 as an alternative to the prestigious Grammy Awards, over the years the VMA’s have created a name for itself. Through performance, red carpet fashion and spontaneous, unplanned moments the MTV Video Music Awards has become what it is today! Below are 10 reasons that you won’t want to miss this weekend's ceremony!
10. Lil Nas X will be performing his smash hit “Industry Baby” alongside Jack Harlow for the first time! The last time the controversial singer hit the stage was back in 2018with “Old Town Road” and a lot has gone down since then … so be prepared!
9. This year’s Video Music Award Ceremony will be hosted by Doja Cat! She’s had a huge year with the release of her sophomore album Planet Her and this is the perfect space to celebrate! Judging by her hilarious Instagram page, immaculate music videos and wacky fashion, this is gonna be one hosting for the books!
8. After a long battle and fan-fueled petition #LetNormaniPerform, it has been announced that Normani will indeed be performing her new single “Wild Side” at the ceremony for the first time! Now we all know that Normani can give a performance per her VMA debut with “Motivation” back in 2018.
7. The MTV Video Music Awards are known for the craziest red carpet fashions. The VMAs is the one award show where celebrities are allowed to wear whatever they want! This allows artists to showcase their artistic and sometimes odd fashions throughout the night. Keep an eye on
Lady Gaga Lil Nas X!
6.The 2021 moon person has been redesigned for the VMA’s fortieth anniversary! “Kehinde Wiley’s Moon Person sculpture represents inclusivity and diversity marked by the historical, environmental and nature relevance of the botanicals,” MTV said in a statement to Rolling Stone.
has been redesigned for the VMA’s fortieth anniversary!
5. Justin Bieber is making a return to the VMA stage since he performed back in 2015! We all know that it's a big deal with Justin Bieber blessing the scene! Although there’s still no details on any of the performances, he will be taking the stage with newcomer Kid LAROI to perform “Stay”.
4. Despite the controversy, Chloe Bailey, one-half of the singing duo on “Do It” will debut her new single “Mercy” on the VMA stage. The single, which has built huge anticipation on social media will definitely be met with an equally exciting performance!
3. Megan Thee Stallion will be in the building so you know it’s gonna be lit! The “Thot Shit” rapper is one of the night’s leading nominees with six nominations including “Artist of the Year” and “Rap Song of the Year” for “WAP” with Cardi B.
2. The VMAs light up the night! Expect some of music’s biggest stars – big and small! Other performers include Tainy, Ozuna, Polo G, Shawn Mendes, Twenty One Pilots, Camilla Cabello, Olivia Rodrigo, Foo Fighters, Alicia Keys, Swae Lee and Lord ! Other stars on the guest list include Rita Ora, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Ashanti, Fat Joe, Simone Biles, Tinashe, and many more!
1. MTV’s Video Music Awards will be the most talked about, highest trending and definitely the most entertainment you’ll be getting in a long time. Sit back, sign on and enjoy because you’ll never know what will happen! The 2021 Video Music Awards start Sunday night at 8pm|est on MTV! Are you excited!? Are you not excited!? Him me up on Instagram @BennettKnows and let me know if you'll be watching!